Tuesday, September 14, 2010



1. I'm from Glastonbury, CT.
2. This Summer I went to a handful of great concerts and music festivals. All my friends and I saw Phish right outside of my town in Hartford on my graduation night which was a real treat. The same buddies and I also went to Camp Bisco, a music festival in Mariaville NY, and The Big Up music festival which happened for the first time this year in Ghent, NY. Both were a blast and basically made my summer.
3. One thing I like about current media is their (I'm still confused about the whole media/medium usage) comprehensive nature. All you need in order to access today's biggest information database is a computer with an internet connection, an even better example is the smartphone. Movies, television, global news, updates, movie tickets, all only a few clicks away. However, I feel like today's media is far too focused on the masses and trends. To me, this is a viscous cycle that chips away at the overall integrity of media itself and degrades the quality, without allowing chance for recovery. People will be satisfied with the same old talk shows, reality T.V., and sitcoms that wish they were Seinfeld.
4. As far as my future, all I can hope for is that I can live comfortably and be content. Ideally, I'd like to write professionally, which is my current major. I would love to write movies or a T.V. series, specifically with a tight group of friends/like minded writers. I would also love to write novels, publish short stories or any kind of writing in newspapers and magazines. Also, I'd love to continue seeing live performances and incorporate them into my work, maybe even have the same tight group of friends travel around to festivals with me and bring stories home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_HVft6DGIk

http://www.0zzy.com/phish.htm (embedding photo won't work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment